If your cable or Internet isn’t working, there are a few simple fixes you can try. Remember that if your cable service is out, your high-speed Internet service will be out as well.
Check for reported outages
Before you try any fixes, check if a service outage has been reported in your area by signing in to My Account.
If one or more of your services has a red status, there is a known outage in your area. We are already aware of the problem and working to resolve it, so there’s no need to contact us.
If your services all show a green status, there are no reported outages in your area, and you can try the troubleshooting tips below.
Check the power and connections for your devices
If there are no reported outages, see if a few quick checks uncover the problem:
- Make sure the plugs for the devices haven’t come loose, the outlets are working, and a fuse hasn’t blown.
- Check that all the cable connections are secure.
- If your TV is hooked up to a cable box, VCR, or DVD player, confirm the TV is on the right channel.
- Confirm that your account is up to date on payments. Late payments can cause an interruption of service.
Reset your devices
You can troubleshoot specific service problems for the following services:
- High-speed Internet: Troubleshoot your cable modem.
- Wireless Internet: Follow the instructions to reset your specific router.
- Cable TV: Follow the instructions in your user manual to reset your cable box.
Get some information
If you need to contact us, it will be helpful for us to have some information about your outage:
- If you have a cable box, make sure the channel number is lit in the channel window. If you have a digital cable boxand there is a “0” in the channel window, it means the box is not able to receive information.
- If you have other TVs, check if the problem is with one TV or all of them. If the cable is not working on all your TVs, the problem is probably outside of your home.
- Check with your neighbors to find out if they are having a problem or if only your cable is out.
If you’ve tried these fixes and your service is still out, please contact us .